Moran Woodworked Furniture is known for "reuse, reexamined." Pappy Van Winkle white oak barrel staves tell a story unlike any other.
The intertwining of historical materials and modern design produce this stylish chair that fits as seamlessly into an 18th century farmhouse as it does into a contemporary glass and steel apartment.
Three essential barrel idiosyncrasies — shape, scale and color — are preserved within this piece. The outside of each stave is a golden oak. While the dark char from the barrel's original interior is exposed, but sealed. Finished with bright un-lacquered brass, the contrasting colors and textures provide a deep juxtaposition for a truly unique seating option. Each of the full-length, elegant, curved staves culminates in an original notched end, which would have fitted snugly into the barrelhead. Plus, the low, crossed staves allow for comfort and flex in both indoor and outdoor settings.
- Made from Pappy Van Winkle white oak barrels
- Foldable design
- Features 15 staves with 8 feet of solid brass rod binding the chair together
- Dimensions: 20" wide x 40" tall x 4" thick (folded), 20 lbs.
- Outer-most staves are pinned in solid brass
- Charred surface is wire brushed and sealed
- Zero-VOC, clear oil finish
Note: Please do not leave the chair outside, or it will weather accordingly.