EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO DRESS AND ACT THE PART.
With just a few weeks until official Derby celebrations begin, it’s the perfect time to start planning your Derby duds from head to toe. To dress the part is only part of the fun, as we all know it’s the accessories that really make the look. Check out our must haves for the Derby from apparel to barware and everything in between. Shop the entire Derby Collection here.
What to Wear:
- Limited Edition Men’s Necktie in Pink: Look good and feel good too when you show your support in pink. 100% of proceeds benefit Hope Scarves and metastatic breast cancer research. Read more here about this incredible organization.
- Men’s Bowtie Bourbon & Cigars in Green: What better defines the Derby than bourbon and cigars? This 100% silk necktie is made in America in partnership with Collared Greens and features two of our most favorite things.
- Bourbon Needlepoint Belt: This hand stitched Smathers & Branson needlepoint belt is just as much function as it is fashion.It's an attractive tribute to a fine bourbon and a stylish accessory for the men who drink it. Perfect for Derby Day.
What to Drink:
If you’re looking to take your party on-the-go, these are just what you’ll be needing:
- Pappy Hour Shatterproof Glasses: No need to worry about broken glasses or having to leave your drink behind with our shatterproof Pappy Hour cups. It also happens to be our dad, Julian Van Winkle’s drinking vessel of choice.
- Corkcicle Classic Canteen: This triple insulated stainless steel canteen will keep your cocktails cold in the warm temps. And you’ll be the VIP of the party when you show up with a pre-batched container of mint juleps ready to serve in this vessel large enough to share with friends.
- Bittermilk Cocktail Mixer Set: Next to Mint Juleps, Old Fashioned’s are our drink of choice for Derby Days.Bittermilk cocktail mixers make it easy to impress your friends, family and party guests with your mixology skills. Create a classic old fashioned, or spin it into a unique craft cocktail at home. Just add bourbon.
If the party calls for coat and tie, you might be looking for something a bit more formal for sipping cocktails. Here are some options that will be sure to make a statement:
- Kentucky Julep Cup: Nothing is more quintessentially Derby than our Kentucky Julep Cup.These handmade sterling silver cups have been coveted and collected by the influential and powerful since the early 1800’s. The sleek and classic design associated with the silver cup is accredited to early master silversmiths Asa Blanchard of Lexington, KY and brothers William and Archibald Cooper of Louisville. Here’s to a little history with your bourbon.
- Wilson Silver Julep Cup:This is the perfect ode to jockeys dating back to 1978 when artist Dugan Wilson from Louisville, KY handmade this for the Hardscuffle Steeplechase. Each prized cup is formed in copper and coated in silver, hand signed and dated with the recognizable triangle representing the continuation of the Wilson family tradition. This is the perfect special occasion piece.
- Match Pewter Double Jigger: Upgrade your home bar so you can shake it up in style and class with this pewter jigger. With the Pappy & Company keys engraved to always remind you to serve with the greatest values in hospitality and the finer things in life.
Hostess Gift For The Derby Party:
You should know better than to show up empty handed at the party. These are the perfect hostess gifts to say thank you for the party.
- Pappy Handmade Bourbon Balls: This 12 piece gift box of handmade bourbon balls is the perfect Southern treat that mixes two of our most favorite things: bourbon and chocolate.
- Bourbon Nib Brittle:We’ve partnered with Olive & Sinclair, one of the finest artisan chocolate makers in the country to bring you one of their most prized products: bean-to-bar chocolate. It’s a classic confection with a unique southern twist.
- Pappy Hour Cocktail Napkins: What’s better than happy hour? Pappy hour: the time when we can celebrate with friends and family over cocktails and gourmet bites. These paper cocktail napkins are sure to spruce up any party.
And of course, don’t forget the celebratory cigars.
OurPappy Van Winkle Barrel Fermented Cigars come in three sizes: Robusto, Toro, Churchill. Thesecigars are 100% long-filler, premium cigars made completely by hand in very small batches at Drew Estate in Estelí, Nicaragua. Now back in stock, you don’t have to think twice about tapping into your reserve to enjoy these cigars and can be sure to share with friends and family.
Be sure to check out our entire Derby Collection for a complete listing of our Derby picks.