When I think about all the ways I like to use our Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Barrel-Aged Pure Maple Syrup, I find myself replaying that scene from Forrest Gump when Benjamin Buford “Bubba” Blue famously lists off the myriad of ways to enjoy shrimp. “You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, and saute it. There’s shrimp kebabs, shrimp Creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan-fried, deep-fried, stir-fried. There’s pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes …” And on and on.
That’s kind of the way we think about our maple syrup. Why limit yourself to just Sunday morning pancakes? While that may remain the most classic and ever popular mode for devouring our award-winning maple syrup. Here are a few other ways we like to enjoy our Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Barrel-Aged Pure Maple Syrup.
1. Cocktails: substitute for simple sugar. And not just in bourbon cocktails. It makes an amazing tequila or rum drink as well.
2. Baking: substitute for white sugar or brown sugar
3. Ice cream topping, just drizzle a little on top and you’ll never go back to hot fudge
4. Marinades and salad dressings: add just a touch to balance the fat and acidity
5. Waffles (just in case you need to mix it up from your standard pancakes. Our Breakfast in Bed set is a great way to make sure you always have the best pancake and waffle mix on hand to pair with our syrup.
6. As a glaze for meat, and have you ever had candied maple bacon? The sugar reduces nicely for a great finish.
7. Roasting veggies (carrots and brussel sprouts are the best) or sweet potatoes, just like it does on meats, this is a delicious finish for vegetables.
8. In our coffee, yep you heard it here first. A dash of syrup is the perfect hint of sweetness in our barrel aged coffee.
9. Right out of the bottle. One of our favorites for a late night treat!
10. With a spoonful of peanut butter and some chocolate chips. This is a founder’s favorite of Louise’s when she’s craving a decadent version of a chocolate peanut butter cup.