If there are two things we love most about Co-Founder Carrie Van Winkle Greener, its her delicious margaritas and her natural ability to always host an impromptu cocktail party with ease and style.
This spin on her classic lime margarita uses the natural flavors and sweetness of the Maraschino Cherries to add another layer of flavor and depth, not to mention the gorgeous deep cherry hue this creates.
What better way to serve than up than in a batch ready to dish out to friends at your next gathering. Pro tip: we like to use one large cubed ice block (made with our Tovolo King Cube Ice Tray) when we serve this drink.
Makes a batch of 4 Cocktails
Suggested Glassware: Pappy & Company Keys Rocks Glasses
- 10Orasella Maraschino Cherries
- 8 ounces silver tequila
- 4 ounces Cointreau
- 4 ounces fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 4 ounces unsweetened cherry juice. Pro Tip: we like to use POM because it is not too sweet.
- 1-ouncePappy Van Winkle Barrel Aged Pure Maple Syrup
- A splash of soda water (optional)
- Lime wedges and cherries for garnish
- Put the cherries in a cocktail shaker and mash them with a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon until well crushed, about 1 minute.
- Add the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, unsweetened cherry juice, maple syrup, and 8 large ice cubes.
- Cover the shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Immediately strain into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice. Top with soda water if desired.
- Garnish with cherries and limes.