Nothing says Fourth of July like a hot grill, a cold cocktail and the sound of fireworks bursting in the summer night. Whether you’ve got plans to hit the lake, beach, pool or backyard barbecue, come prepared with this crowd pleasing rib recipe featuring Pappy & Company’s Barrel Aged Pepper Sauce and Bourbon Maple Syrup. Really want to win them over? Be sure to check out our entire Fourth of July favorites, hand picked to make this American holiday one your won’t forget. Here’s to red, white and bourbon.
For the Ribs
- 4 racks of ribs
- Seasoning salt
For the Pappy & Company Barbeque Sauce:
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil to sauté onions
- 1/4 cup find diced yellow onion
- 1 cup water
- 3 teaspoons of Pappy & Company Barrel Aged Pepper Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of Pappy & Company Bourbon Barrel Aged Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups of ketchup
- 2 teaspoons of mustard powder
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- Half teaspoon of cumin
Directions for the Ribs:
- Season the ribs with seasoning salt and smoke at 250 degrees for six hours
- Finish with Pappy & Company Barbecue Sauce
Directions for the Barbeque Sauce:
- Sauté onions in olive oil.
- Once brown, add the wet ingredients and then whisk in the dry ingredients.
- Simmer for 20 minutes on low heat.