BUTTERY MAPLE-LACED CORNMEAL PANCAKES
Mornings won’t be the same with cornmeal pancakes smothered in our Bourbon-barrel Maple Syrup. We call it Pappycakes, and it’s your new favorite breakfast recipe.
Here at Pappy & Company, we’ve partnered with Libbie Summers, artistic director of her own lifestyle brand, “A Food-Inspired Life,” to bring you a series of recipes inspired by our Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Barrel-aged Pure Maple Syrup. Pappycakes is just one recipe in her maple-inspired menu.
Someone Deserves Breakfast in Bed
This pancake recipe serves 4 for your favorite people.
- 1 ½ cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons Pappy & Company Maple Syrup, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 8 tablespoons butter, (4 melted, 4 room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 200º F.
- Mix dry ingredients: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, Pappy Maple Syrup and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry:Slowly stir into the flour mixture just until combined. Stir in melted butter. If mixture seems a bit too thick, add a bit more milk.
- Cook pancakes: Prepare a skillet with non-stick cooking spray, and set over medium-low heat. Add one tablespoon of butter. When butter begins to sizzle, drop batter from a ¼-cup measure into the pan. Don’t overcrowd. Cook, turning once, until browned on both sides. Remove to a baking tray, and place in the warm oven. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve: Stack Pappycakes, and serve with warm Pappy & Company Maple Syrup.