What better way to celebrate the holidays than a classic maple glazed ham, which will make the centerpiece of any table setting. This easy recipe saves you hours of baking when you opt for a store bought pre-baked option. With a sweet maple glaze using our Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Barrel Aged Pure Maple Syrup the finishing flavors elevate this from a simple store bought ham to a delectable dish that can serve a large crowd.
- 1 (9-pound) store bought bone-in spiral ham
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Barrel-Aged Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place ham in a roasting pan and pour about 3/4 cup water into the bottom of pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until heated through, soft and tender.
- Make the glaze:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a saucepan until smooth and heat over medium-low to medium heat until simmering. Simmer for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- When ham is heated through, remove the aluminum foil, and pour or brush the glaze over the top to cover completely. Raise oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Return the ham to the oven and cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until glaze is caramelized and bubbly. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with desired fixings such as a variety of mustards, pickled shallots or cornichons.