PEPPERY SPRING RADISHES BATHED IN MAPLE SYRUP
Set aside the usual dinner sides, and try these sweet maple braised radishes. They’re great as a side dish with roasted chicken or on their own with crusty bread. Our Bourbon-barrel Maple Syrup adds just the right amount of sweetness.
Here at Pappy & Company, we’ve partnered with Libbie Summers, artistic director of her own lifestyle brand, “A Food-Inspired Life,” to bring you a series of recipes inspired by our Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Barrel-aged Pure Maple Syrup. These maple-sweetened radishes are a perfect complement to the rest of her maple-inspired menu.
See All Of the Maple Syrup Recipes
Let This Side Dish Take Center Stage
This side dish serves 4 friends or family members.
- 2 bunches radishes (about 1 pound), preferably the icicle variety, tops trimmed to 1 inch above roots, but leave a few with greens because they’re beautiful
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Pappy & Co Maple Syrup
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Place the radishes in a large sauté pan, and add just enough cold water to cover. Add the oil, maple syrup, salt and chipotle pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until the radishes are just tender when pierced with a fork and the liquid has reduced to a glaze, about 12 minutes.
- If the radishes are tender, but the liquid hasn't reduced sufficiently, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to a serving dish, and continue reducing the liquid.
Spoon the glaze over the radishes and serve.