While Spring Break may not include tropical beach destinations this year, that's no reason we can't have our own spring-inspired fiesta at home with these delicious Strawberry Basil Margaritas. The combination of basil and strawberry screams spring freshness with a hint of fruit flavored sweetness from our favorite Orasella cherry juice.
Strawberry Basil Margaritas: adapted from this recipe.
- 3 medium-size strawberries
- 3 basil leaves
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Barrel-Aged Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- 1/4 ounce Orasella cherry juice
- Garnish: lime wheel and basil leaf
- In a shaker, muddle the strawberries, basil, lime juice and maple syrup.
- Add the remaining ingredients and fill with ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a Margarita glass or rocks glass filled with fresh ice. We used our Three Keys Rocks Glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel and additional basil leaf.
Pro Tip: Our King Cube Ice Tray is a great addition to this recipe. Just be sure to leave a little room, when you fill the tray, so the ice cubes are a bit smaller to fit in to our smaller glasses like our ever favorite Three Keys Rocks Glass, perfectly sized for sipping this cocktail.