THIS EASTER BRUNCH MENU IS INSPIRED BY OUR FAVORITE PAPPY & COMPANY CULINARY ITEMS.
We’re still daydreaming about the incredible breakfast collaboration we did with 1Kept’s Executive Chef Trey Dutton and Allan Benton’s Country Hams while we were in Charleston a few weeks ago. With six courses and three cocktail pairings, using Pappy & Company’s Bourbon Barrel Aged Pure Maple Syrup in just about every recipe, what better inspiration for this year’s Easter brunch?
While the little ones are searching for easter eggs and hunting for jelly beans left behind, here is a menu that highlights some of our favorite recipes using our Barrel Aged Maple Syrup that adds just the right amount of sweetness to classic savory dishes the whole family will love.
This menu was originally created by the amazing culinary team at 1Kept Hotels. We have provided recipe links for you to create with a few less steps, using some of our favorite online food blogs. And be sure to try the complete recipe by Chef Trey Dutton for our savory take on dessert: Bacon Beignets with Pappy & Company Maple Syrup Glaze.
Please note: where recipes call for maple syrup, be sure to use the best of the best: Pappy & Company’s Bourbon Barrel Aged Pure Maple Syrup.
Easter Brunch Menu:
- Frisee Salad with Maple Syrup Bacon Vinaigrette
- Poached Eggs & Biscuits with Sausage Gravy and Pappy & Company Pepper Sauce
- Sweet Hot Fried Chicken & Belgian Waffles with Pappy & Company Maple Syrup
- Bacon Beignets with Pappy & Company Maple Syrup Glaze (see recipe below)
- Maple Mimosas made with a touch of Pappy & Company Maple Syrup
Bacon Beignets with Pappy & Company Maple Syrup Glaze, Recipe by Chef Trey Dutton
- 1 TBSP instant yeast
- 1 ½ cups water, ~105 degrees
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 TSP salt
- 32 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces butter, softened
- 8 ounces Benton’s Country Bacon, cooked and chopped
Ingredients for the Maple Glaze:
- 2 ounces butter
- ½ cup Pappy & Company Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 cup powderedsSugar
- 2 TSP Old Rip Van Winkle, 10yr (optional)
- Combine warm water and yeast in a mixer bowl and let sit 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, evaporated milk, eggs, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add 4 cups flour and mix until dough starts to form.
- Add chopped bacon and butter and continue mixing.
- Add remaining flour and mix until dough ball forms.
- Turn the dough out and knead into a smooth ball.
- Place in a well sprayed metal bowl, cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from fridge, roll out to ½” thick, and cut into desired shapes.
- Let the dough rise for about 40 minutes until they have doubled in size.
- Fry in 355˚ oil.
- Drain and glaze. Serve hot.
Directions for The Maple Glaze:
- Melt butter in a small pot over medium heat.
- Add Pappy & Company Maple Syrup to pot and bring to a quick simmer.
- Sift the powdered sugar into the buttery syrup whisking constantly to ensure all lumps get dissolved.
- Add a little Pappy Van Winkle bourbon for extra flavor! Do not, however, substitute an inferior bourbon.