This recipe is an easy holiday side dish to serve and only takes a few minutes to whip up! The combination of our Pepper Sauce and a touch of Maple Syrup creates in a hint of sweetness to cut the heat.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 lb. fresh green beans ends trimmed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- ½ tablespoon Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Barrel-Aged Pepper Sauce (1 tablespoon if you like your food spicy)
- 1 tablespoon Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Barrel-Aged Pure Maple Syrup
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the green beans, salt and pepper.
- Cook the green beans, stirring often, until they just begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low. Stir in the hot sauce, the garlic and maple syrup. Cook, stirring, until the beans are tender-crisp and coated in the sauce, 1-2 more minutes. Serve immediately.