PARTY MIX SPICED WITH PAPPY PEPPER SAUCE
A party mix is great to set out as guests arrive, get their beverages and start to mingle. Spice up your standard snack mix with our barrel-aged hot sauce. Then, unless the entire party can gather around one bowl, provide paper pouches for guest to fill up and snack while socializing.
Libbie Summers, artistic director of her own lifestyle brand, “A Food-Inspired Life,” and Pappy & Company have partnered up again to bring you a series of recipes inspired by our Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Barrel-aged Pepper Sauce. Try this southern-style party snack, then check out the rest of Libbie’s delicious spicy summer soiree menu.
See All Hot Sauce Party Recipes
NIBBLE ON A SIMPLE, SPICY SNACK
Serves 6 to 8
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 2 cups Bugles
- 4 cups oyster crackers
- 2 cups roasted in-shell peanuts
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Pappy & Company Barrel-aged Pepper Sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet pan with aluminum foil, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, and toss to ensure an even coating of butter and seasonings.
- Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet, and bake for 60 to 75 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes or until oyster cracker edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, and allow the mixture to cool before serving.
Leftovers, if any, can be stored in an airtight container.
Recipe by Libbie Summers and photography by Jade and Matthew Take Pictures