Nothing says summer like the sound of the grill and a cocktail shaker going at the same time. And while we’re all about trying new recipes, there’s something to be said about perfecting your favorite “go to” recipes. In this case, it’s hands down our maple glazed sausages and strawberry margaritas. These sausage bites are a crowd pleaser for kids and adults alike, it is very easy to make and serves as an ideal appetizer everyone can dig into. And while our heart and heritage will always be tied to bourbon, a bright and refreshing margarita really is the best of summer flavors served in a glass.
We’ve made a few variations since our last round of sausages to perfect this recipe and the same goes with our margarita. For example when basil isn’t to be found in the extreme warm heat, mint makes for a great alternative.
Maple Glazed Sausages
For the Sausage:
- 2 lbs of Keilbasa sausage
- 4 tbs ofBourbon Barrel Aged Pure Maple Syrup
Simmer (not boil) for about 10 minutes in water to warm the sausages. Remove from water and glaze the outside of the sausages withBourbon Barrel-Aged Pure Maple Syrup. Put it in the oven at 375° to bake for about 15 minutes.
For The Horseradish Mustard Sauce:
- 1/3 Cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 Cup Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 Tbs Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs Horseradish
- 2 TBSBourbon Barrel Aged Pure Maple Syrup
Instructions: Mix ingredients together until smooth. Refrigerate covered until ready to serve.
Louise’s Summer Strawberry Margaritas
- 3 medium-size strawberries
- 3 basil leaves (or mint leaves)
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ouncePappy Van Winkle Bourbon Barrel-Aged Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- 1/4 ounceOrasella cherry juice
- Garnish: lime wheel
- In a shaker, muddle the strawberries, basil, lime juice and maple syrup.
- Add the remaining ingredients and fill with ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a Margarita glass or rocks glass filled with fresh ice. We used ourThree Keys Rocks Glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel and additional basil leaf.
Pro Tip: Our King Cube Ice Tray is a great addition to this recipe. Just be sure to leave a little room, when you fill the tray, so the ice cubes are a bit smaller to fit in to our smaller glasses like our ever favoriteThree Keys Old Fashioned Glass, perfectly sized for sipping this cocktail.