This is one of those simple recipes that looks like it took much longer to make and is sure to impress all of your friends. Our Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Barrel Aged Pure Maple Syrup adds a nice balance to the bourbon in the whipped cream and also just a hint of sweetness to the tart crust. The freshness of the fruit really makes all the difference and can be altered to whatever is in season. Almost any seasonal fruit will taste delicious on top of fresh whipped cream and this easy to make almond flour tart crust. Top with vanilla ice cream, if you please, and enjoy!
For the whipped cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream, cold
- 2 tablespoons Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Barrel Aged Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
For the pie:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted, plus more for greasing the tart pan
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tablespoon Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Barrel Aged Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 large egg
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced. You can really use any fresh summer fruit for this. Thinly sliced peaches would be delicious too!
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- For the whipped cream: In a large metal mixing bowl, add heavy cream and beat on high until it thickens and peaks form. Slowly fold in 2 tablespoons maple syrup, vanilla extract and bourbon. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the pie crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Generously grease 9-inch tart pan with coconut oil. In a large bowl, stir together flour and salt until combined. Add coconut oil, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and egg and stir until mixture forms a ball. Lightly press dough into tart pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until crust is light golden brown. Remove pan from the oven and let cool completely.
- To assemble: Fill pie crust with 2 cups whipped cream and top with sliced strawberries. Drizzle with a little extra maple syrup if desired. Slice and serve. Pie can be served with vanilla ice cream.