Let this cocktail inspire you to enjoy Old Fashioneds even in the springtime with this new recipe. Using our Orasella Maraschino Cherries along with fresh basil, this duo of ingredients creates a lighter take on what many may consider a drink deemed only for the colder temps. The combination of herbs and fruit promises to surprise and delight your guests when they sip and savor this beautiful bright cocktail.
Makes 2 Cocktails
Suggested Glassware: Pappy & Company Monogram Old Fashioned Glasses
- 6 Orasella Maraschino Cherries
- About 6-7 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp Pappy Van Winkle Barrel Aged Pure Maple Syrup
- 3-4 dashes of bitters
- ¾ cup bourbon of choice
- 2 small orange slices for garnish
- Put the cherries and basil leaves in a cocktail shaker and mash them with a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon until well crushed, about 1 minute.
- Add maple syrup, bitters, and bourbon. Shake vigorously.
- Fill Old Fashioned glasses with large ice cubes and pour liquid from the shaker through a strainer.
- Garnish with orange slices.